Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My first experience

This is my first time to join the 30-Hour Famine camp, so everything is my new experience. Persuaded by friends, I have braved myself to come from Pahang to join it.

So many things I have taken from the camp: Fun and touching. I enjoyed the camp fully with lots of help from the committees. When I played the game in the basketball field, my group members have given me 100% cooperation and try very hard to earn money for our team. Thanks to the game, all the members from my group mixed very well.

I was touched by all the videos shown by the committees, and the game that we played in stadium, which all of us created a miracle, made it rained in indoor. When all the participants from all around Malaysia cooperated and followed the instruction, it really rained heavily in the Stadium Bukit Jalil . I was so touched by that moment~!

Another game which teaches us how to make the bracelets also pretty amazing! When we heard from announcement that under the chair hidden the material to make the bracelets, everyone was shocked. This game really bring meaningful, and let me understand the important messages. Actually the world resources are enough for everyone in the world, but not in the equal distribution. Some parts in the world wasted the resources, but some parts in the world suffer from deprivation. We are lucky to have the ability to help them, so we really need to do our best to light up their lifes.

After so many things I have learned from the camp, I have shared my experiences with my family and friends. To raise the awareness within them, and let them understand they are the lucky ones in this world. I am still writing “my touching moments in 30-Hour Famine”, when after I finish it, I will post in my facebook to share my touching moments with my friends~!

As a camper, I have my point of view to give some comments regarding the SS2 DIY camp. Preparation for a DIY camp is not an easy work, I can imagine there are tonnes of hard work done by the committees. Thus, I would like to share my little opinion to help improve the camp in future. Registration of the camp is the important part and is the first image to the all campers. However, the registration was a little bit mess to me, I am sorry to say that. The dance was pretty fun and amazing for me, and everyone was much enjoyed!

After the puzzle game, I have noticed that I have been put into a children group, with all the children and include me two youngsters. I was quite upset in the first place, because all the campers have been distributed according to teenager or children group. However, I have no choice but to continue this arrangement. I have worked hard in taking care of the children. Luckily, the committees came and helped me to explain the rules of the game and guide the children. I was quite touched by them. I have my happy time with the children and in the end, we all mixed very well.

All the groups were waiting for the turn to take the ovaltine, from the alphabet A until L. Everytime it started from alphabet A until L. I suggest that it can also start from alphabet L until alphabet A. Exchange the alphabet so that the last group won't wait for so long. Or actually I am the one who didn’t listen to the instruction carefully.

Some praises I need to give to the committees, all the committees were so nice and helpful. The Blue Grass band was quite nice too, I think everyone was much enjoyed.

I had fun and laughed by the creativity of all the groups in the 才华横溢 game. I have gained new experience from this memorable camp. If next year I get the chance, I think I will join the 30-Hour Famine camp again.

p/s: Thank you very much of organize this camp, without this organization, we can’t join this meaningful camp~

Contributed by
Tan Chee Ting

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Chee Ting. I'm dying for your touching moments which to be shared on facebook. Share with us in here too!
    Thanks for your constructive feedback, we will improve on our weaknesses.
    We allocated different tables for different groups, so I think you shouldn't wait for too long.It was a good way to experience unequal treatment or opportunity,actually. That's the fate of some children who are living in urban poverty. They have no choices.

    ReplyDelete