Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Greetings (part 1)

Wong Peng Wei
Camp Leader

"There are 9 million children dying unnecessarily each year mostly from preventable causes such as hunger, malnutrition, illness etc. I strongly believe that we make a change by giving our helping hands. Our camp is back again with our dedicated team! Don't wait, start signing up!
Together we can make this world a better place for us and our children."








Wong Wei Kai
Associate Camp Leader
"When NASA began the launch of astronauts into the space, they found out that the pens wouldn't work at zero gravity as ink wouldn't flow down to the writing surface. They took one decade and $12 million to develop a pen that worked at zero gravity, upside down under water, and in practically any surface including crystal. And you know what did Russians do.. They used PENCIL instead" SIMPLE!
I'm a simple person. I enjoy my simple lifestyle and I make people's life simple! I like to treat myself simple sleep and eat simple food. I devise simple solution for complicated problem. I wish I have a simple girlfriend in future and make my life
simpler!
However one thing never simple.. MY DREAMS!
Lets change our vision..!!
Think simple, Live simple, and make the world SIMPLE! "



Chor Chee Hoe
Programmes and Games
Famine Youth Leader 2011

" As a Famine Youth Leader, I am no different to an ordinary person. Humanity lies within each of us and this drives all of us to care for others in need.
I’m lucky enough to have the opportunity to visit an Area Development Programme in Mae Sariang, to directly discover the conditions of the people living there. I will share my exper iences with everyone in the SS2 DIY Camp about this meaningful trip. Cheers!"




Wong Ming Huat
Treasurer

"Young is never a reason to refuse to contribute to the society.

Be bold for a better world!"











Lau Chanzhe
Public Relation(online)

"Not everyone is bestowed with comfort i
n life. Basic necessities which are being taken for granted in our daily life i.e. electricity and water supply are luxury for some people.

Nobody should be left out in this world.
I believe in giving!"









Cammile Chia
Committee



"This is the first time i join this camp and I' m so glad to take part in this meaningful camp. Hope that my participation will co ntribute to this camp.

Let's make things happen!"









Alvin Tam You Jie
Publicity

"Last year I was one of the helper in this 30-hour Famine SS2 DIY Camp while this year I'll become part of the committee members. So nice to meet you all."






Yong Suhling
Committee

"This is my first time joined with famine 30 camp. Hope can learn from you all and have fun together."











Maverick Su

Committee

"A person's participation in helping the society may seem inadequate; however, if all of us are willing to lend a helping hand to those unfortunate ones, it will definitely make a difference.

I have a dream that one day there will not be a single person will suffer from hunger. I urge all of you participate this meaningful event (30-hour Famine), which is organized by the World Vision."

No comments:

Post a Comment